10 Top Health Benefits of a Spa
There are different types of Spas but varied as they are, they are one in the benefits that they offer. Contrary to the general consensus, going to a spa is not a waste of money and time. A trip to a day spa is not an extravagance. In this day and age where stress looms every second, you certainly need to a short break to get away. A short trip to the tropics is a great way to de-stress, but it takes time, money and effort to plan such a trip. A trip to a spa is quick and very affordable.
Here are some reasons why you should go to a spa:
- De-stress. A therapeutic massage will definitely relax and soothe you. You can just immerse yourself in a hot tub or a sauna or steam shower to wash-away the worries even for an hour or so. Aches and pains can also be managed.
- Get Healthy. Your massage therapist will give be able to tell you parts of your body that are too tensed. In doing so, you can learn how to relax your muscles, get tips from the therapist on how to relax, eat nutritious food and suggestions for a healthy lifestyle.
- Mental Benefits. Whether you admit or not, a trip to the spa will readily relax you. It can stimulate you mentally and physically. It can even increase your confidence and self-esteem. A foot scrub can invigorate you. Therapeutic massages, facials, manicures and pedicures have its psychological benefits.
- Lose Weight. You will need to “enroll” in Destination or Health Spa to achieve weight loss. Health spas have different approaches when it comes to losing weight. It is up to you to carefully look over their weight-loss program before you plunge in.
- Detox. Detoxification is the process purge toxins and excess fluids in the body. A detox can help eliminate bloating and water retention which will definitely make you feels great. Some spas offer juice fasting and colon cleansing.
- Feel and Look Young. Taking good care of your body and mind can help deter aging. A therapeutic massage can help you relax and a relaxed body translates to less stress. Facials and other skin care and services and body treatments can help you look and feel young.
- Improve Blood Circulation and Manage Blood Pressure. Spa treatments such as hydrotherapy, massage, heat therapy and other body treatments can improve blood circulation and regulate blood pressure.
- Improve Flexibility and Breathing. There are spas that offer Pilates or Yoga. These two disciplines can strengthen your respiratory system and improve your body’s flexibility.
- Manage Sleeping Patterns. A body and mind that are free from tension and stress will be able to cope well with any sleeping disorder.
- Management of Body Aches and Pains. Massages, hydrotherapy and heat therapy can help lessen pain. There are medical spas that can offer therapeutic programs to address arthritis and nerve disorders such as fibromyalgia.
A trip to a spa definitely has its health advantages.
By Camilla Blais