8 Best Healthy Eating Tips For Athletes
#Supplement #WeightLoss #Weight #Yoga
Become healthy and energetic are the most important things for athletes. One of the foundations for health is your diet, my mother always say that your health depends on what you eat, and as an athlete, you should manage your diet and concern about how the foods are prepared because your body need adequate calories and nutrition to achieve the top level of health, so you can give your best performance in competitions. In this article, I want to share about several healthy eating tips for athletes and foods to enhance your health.
The foods you eat can affect your performance, if you eat in a wrong way and not the right kind of foods, you will find your self in a bad health condition and poor stamina to compete. There are several tips you can apply to boost your energy and performance in competition:
- Eat a variety of meals to get a balanced intake of energy and nutrients. Your diet should include a lot of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in order have a balance intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins, and water. Because you need more than 40 different nutrients to maintain your health and there is no single food that can supply all of the nutrients.
- Eat adequate calories that equal to your exercise. You must know how much calories your body needs, because calories replace the energy you have used in competition or exercise. So as a good athlete, you should match the calories intake to your exercise.
- Eat no new meal before a competition. Because new meals may not suitable for your digestion and can give you unwanted effect to your health.
- Don't eat high fiber foods before an exercise or a competition. High fiber foods like broccoli and cereal may cause your stomach pain during competition.
- Stay away from sugars and sweets before a competition. Because foods high in sugars can boost your energy fast, but they do not last for long and most foods like candy bars don't contain any of the other nutrients your body needs.
- Reduce eating high dietary fat foods. They are harder to digest and will make you feel tired if you eat too much.
- Try to eat fresh foods, because they are healthier and tastier. And if you cook the foods by your self, you can also safe budget.
- Drink a lot of water, your body needs water to keep hydrated because you will lose a lot of fluids during exercise.
As you might know by now, you need food to fuel your body but if you put the junk food in, you will also get the junk out. Healthy diets will help you improve your success and get to the peak performance in competition.
By Johnny Halim