Botox Cosmetic & Other Alternatives to Plastic Surgery – 8 Facts to Know
#Aerobics #Cholesterol #HealthieCosmetic #CosmeticSurgery
I recently visited a Dermatologist and she gave me a quick education on Botox. I pretty much got answers to my questions and thought I’d relate them in this article. Here are some facts:
1. Botox Cosmetic was FDA approved in 2002. It temporarily reduces moderate to severe frown lines. It is the most popular physician administered aesthetic procedure in the United States. 3.3 million+ treatments were performed in 2005.
2. Botox Cosmetic is a purified protein that is injected into the muscles that cause wrinkles. This causes the muscle to relax which cause a decrease in the wrinkle. As we age, we begin to get creases, also known or wrinkles that mar our skin. Muscles under the skin are continually moving and “creasing our skin as our face mirrors our emotions. These areas of the face around the eyes and mouth which show frowns and smiles are often first to show these creases.
3. Botox Cosmetic Results last for approximately four months following treatment.
4. Botox Cosmetic Treatment is minimally invasive. No anesthesia is required.
5. After undergoing Botox treatments, patients can start looking for results in a few days. Although rare, in some cases, results may not be visible for a week. The effect of the treatment will last for up to four months, although results will vary from one patient to another.
6. I also learned the difference between Botox Cosmetic and Facial Wrinkle Fillers. Facial Fillers are cosmetic fillers that make facial folds appear softer because they restore lost volume and decrease the appearance of lines. This contrasts with Botox Cosmetic due to Botox Cosmetic relaxing muscles that are the cause of wrinkling. In a nutshell, Botox Cosmetic does not fill the wrinkles as do the wrinkle fillers. There is an ever changing filler industry. Should you decide to use fillers, make sure you go to a place who is always up-to-date on the latest technology.
6. Fraxel Laser Treatments have received vast national media coverage. Fraxel® Laser treatments specifically target skin that has been damaged by the sun or is wrinkled by age. They target damaged areas by manufacturing a plethora of deep microscopic treatment zones to promote new, healthy growth.
7. Intenses Pulsed Light (IPL(TM)) Photorejuvenation treats damaged skin without disrupting the skin’s surface. The noninvasive nature of this treatment is one of its pluses and there is very limited “down time”. Photo Rejuvenation is non invasive and can be tailored to each individual patients needs.
8. Thermage is another noninvasive skin treatment. It’s efficacy has been proven in clinic tests. The design of this treatment is to smooth, tighten and contour skin. Due to the non invasive nature of this treatment there is little down time and the results of this treatment can last for years. in some individuals depending upon their own process of aging.
By Jenn Stevens