Dementia Dental Treatment – The Value of Setting
This DVD is now available at Amazon.com. Check out http://www.amazon.com/Dental-People today-Dementia-Alzheimers-Professional/dp/B00AC4CJI0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&m=AEKM81KJX1DNK&qid=1355337551&s=generic&sr=1-8
This movie is an excerpt of “Dental Treatment for People today with Dementia”, a 2 hour coaching DVD for caregivers and dental specialists.
Teepa Snow, a nationally acclaimed Alzheimer’s and dementia care expert, teaches her pupils how a person with dementia perceives his/her world and how to properly adapt one’s own conduct to enhance interaction and mutual comprehension.
Dental care, immensely significant to a person’s total wellbeing, becomes more and more hard for caregivers as the patient’s dementia progresses.
Learn effective approaches to manage hard circumstances and provide the best dental care for a person with dementia, which includes but not constrained to Alzheimer’s, Lewy Overall body or Frontotemporal Dementia.
– about results in for prevalent dental care issues and how to triumph over them – why folks with dementia are very likely to respond negatively to prevalent oral care techniques
– about adjustments in motor abilities and feeling
– about eyesight adjustments, this sort of as binocular eyesight and inability to understand objects
– about verbal, visual, auditory, contact and tactile cues to increase cooperation
– how to create a more calming setting by means of adjustments to lights, temperature, and more
– about approaches and applications to adapt oral care approaches to enhance cooperation and increase dental care benefits
“Dental Treatment for People today with Dementia” is presented by The Pines Training Institute of SW Florida and facilitated by Teepa Snow, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA.
© 2012, Pines Training Institute of S.W. Florida and Teepa Snow