How to Improve your Neck Mobility – CARs Exercises | INVIVO Wellness
#Aromatherapy #Asthma #Dental #Diseases #DrugAbuse
Do you experience neck pain or tightness? Learn how to perform Functional Range Conditioning’s (FRC) Controlled Articulation Rotation (C.A.R.s) for your Neck to regain mobility and reduce pain.
Neck pain and loss of neck mobility is a common problem in the adult population. Chronic sitting postures and general lack of daily full-range joint motion are major contributors of neck pain and dysfunction.
With daily practice, this movement-pattern can reverse the effects of chronic sitting, sports and exercise tightness, childcare, and computer and deskwork!
This video demonstrates how to perform Controlled Articulation Rotation (C.A.R.s) for the Neck.
Neck C.A.R.S (Controlled Articular Rotations). Presented by Paula Trusky, PTA, MFA and Maurice Dumit, BS, MPT, FRC. INVIVO Wellness | Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Important to remember
• Move in a minimal to no-pain range.
• Keep consistent and constant tension throughout the arm movements.
• Keep a stabilizing amount of tension throughout your body while you breathe normally
• Be present.
• Pay close attention to limitations, stretch or pinching sensations throughout the range-of-motion. These are the areas that will need increased intention and input.
• It is normal to feel “workout” or minimal pain that may be experienced 24 -36 hours after performing this activity. If pain persists apply an ice pack to painful area with dry skin until the skin goes completely numb and no more. Repeat if needed every hour until pain is reduced. If pain persists discontinue this activity and consult a qualified Physical Therapist and/or Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) Certified Specialist.
MOVE MORE. FEEL GOOD!
*** DISCLAIMER: INVIVO Wellness strongly recommends that you consult your Physical Therapist or Physician before beginning any exercise program. You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is a possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself and agree to release and discharge INVIVO Wellness from any and all claims and cause of action, known or unknown, arising out of INVIVO Wellness’s negligence.