Many Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
#EarsHearing #Ears #Eczema #EnvironmentalIssues
Aromatherapy massage has therapeutic effects as it has direct connections with the limbic system of brain. When the essential oils are inhaled during the therapy, limbic system is stimulated. And this stimulation affects heart rate, blood pressures, memory, digestion and stress levels.
There are different types of oils used for different reasons. Some oils are used to cure insomnia while others are used to cure fatigue, some relax your muscles and others reenergize you. You need to discuss with the masseur what actually you are suffering from and what you need to get cured, and they will help you in deciding what oil is to be used for the best results. People suffering from anxiety, depression and other such problems feel relieved through aromatherapy.
A few benefits of aromatherapy using different oils are listed below:
- Lavender is one of the most common scents used in aromatherapy. It relieves stress and brings peace to mind and body.
- Jasmine oil is used to cure stress and anxiety. It helps you to relax and sooth uptightness.
- Essential oils like chamomile, tea tree oil and juniper help in reducing pain caused by inflammation. Chamomile is also effective in promoting healthy sleep.
- Lemongrass is very effective pain reliever.
- Pungent quality of pepper mint, black pepper and ginger produce heat and circulation in the body which can relieve acute pains. They also have energizing properties to awaken your senses.
- Other fragrant oils like rose and sandalwood help in instantly changing your mood and make you feel fresh and happy.
Apart from the above listed benefits of various aroma oils, there are many medical conditions where positive results are achieved due to these oils. People suffering from insomnia can take better quality sleep if they frequently use certain scents. There are many people who use scents to enjoy deep sleep. Scents can also improve your respiratory and immune system. People suffering from post-partum depression, digestive problems, premenstrual syndrome, headaches and other stress related issues have experienced positive changes by having aromatherapy. Aromatherapy massages can also speed up the recovery from cancer and lower blood pressure.
These oils are extracted from the different parts of the plants like leaves, stem, bark and even roots. You only need one or two drop of these oils per massage as they are highly concentrated. They can be mixed with your massage oils and used through candles or oil burners. Don't forget to use these essential oils when you go for a massage next time to experience a positive change.
By Ethen Z Hunt