Simple Tips to Help With Dry Eyes
#Cardio #Autism #Backpain #Beauty #BuildMuscle
"Dry eyes" is a condition that is becoming more common, since so many individuals are spending hours on hours looking at computer screens. While computers may make our lives and communication a lot easier, they are not really healthy for our eyes. As a result of looking at a computer screen day in and day out inside a dry and stale office building, your eyes can develop this condition. Dry eyes occur when your eyes are not able to produce a sufficient amount of tears naturally in order to keep them fresh and moist. The symptoms of dry eyes are more frustrating than anything else, and can include redness, burning, itching, pain, and excessive watering. Dry eyes symptoms can get in the way of simple and enjoyable activities, such as driving, reading, watching television, and surfing on the Internet.
Aside from eye drops, there is not much else you can do for this condition except let them run their course. But here are some simple tips that might help provide some additional relief while they heal:
* Refrain from touching or rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes will only make the dry eye condition worse. Sometimes, you can not help touching your eyes when you have this condition. So make sure that you wash your hands regularly, and use soap that does not leave residue on your hands.
* Avoid coming into contact with any type of spray, including air fresheners, hairspray, bug spray, etc. These sprays often contain certain chemicals that can irritate your eyes and make the dry eye condition worse.
* Wear sunglasses on sunny and windy days. The light from the sun can cause additional pain if you have dry eyes, and the wind will only make them worse.
* Do not spend long hours in stale air provided by air conditioners or fans. If you work inside an office building, try to get outside for a break every so often during the day.
* Drink lots of water and cut back on your caffeine. Proper hydration is a great way to get rid of this condition. Avoid drinking coffee and soda through your day, and try to drink at least eight glasses of water instead. You're not only replenishing your body, but you are also replenishing the moisture in your eyes.
Believe it or not, these simple steps can help cure your dry eyes. In addition to prescription eye drops, these steps can help restore your vision back to normal health. It's important to know how and why dry eyes occurs so that you can avoid developing this condition in the future. We need to take care of our vision so that we can see clearly for the rest of our lives. If you have developed this condition, talk to your ey doctor first and foremost. He or she will be able to prescribe eye drops to help heal your vision. Then you can apply these other steps so that you do not irritate your eyes even further. Before you know it, your dry eyes will be gone.
By Roger Ubik