The Best African American Hair Care Tips For Long Healthy Hair
#EarsHearing #Ears #Eczema #EnvironmentalIssues
No matter what your hair texture, you can benefit from these African American hair care tips. Natural hair or relaxed hair needs special treatment and gentle handling to achieve optimal health. I hope these are helpful to you.
Watch the Heat
- Make sure your hair has been freshly washed and conditioned before using a heated styling tool. Do not redo your hair mid-week if it frizzes up. This can cause damage due the build up of styling products and dirt on your hair
- Take a break from the heat! Retain more of your hair length by styling your hair with heat free styles like braid outs, French rolls, and buns.
Proper Bed Time Care
- Do not go to bed without wrapping your hair or pinning it up. Remember to wear a scarf to maintain your hairstyle and keep your hairline smooth.
- Always detangle your hair before bedtime. Remember to use a wide-tooth comb. This will make it even easier to style your hair in the morning.
- Use an oil or serum on your hair ends at night. Do this before rolling your hair or wrapping it in the scarf. Your hair will retain moisture and it will help you to hold a better curl.
- Don’t go longer than a week without washing your hair. A common myth among African American women is not to wash your hair too much because it will lead to dryness. Far from the truth. Water will keep your hair moisturized and clean. Having a clean scalp and hair will promote hair growth. And it smells much better!
- Depending upon the health of your hair, you should get your ends trimmed every 2-6 months. Start with this tip immediately. It’s a good start to your healthy hair journey.
- Deep conditioning should be done at least every other week using the heat of a hooded dryer. The heat will help the conditioning penetrate. Use a protein deep conditioner once a month to strengthen your hair.
This list of African American hair care tips should help you get started on your journey to healthier and longer hair.
By Nina Dyoran