20 Things About Bipolar Disorder You Must Know
#Supplement #WeightLoss #Weight #Yoga
In order to become successful in life, it is quite essential to be healthy and wise. While any sort of physical restrictions of the body can be fought with and dealt with, the central processing unit of our body that is our brain needs to be absolutely perfect in order to live a happy & successful life. For all our errands what we primarily need is a sharp brain so as to understand our environment and act promptly & make well evaluated decisions.
Along with a perfectly working brain, what we need is a control over our emotions. Being over excited or unduly angry all the time would not help us in any way. Quoting in the right terminology all our psychological factors must be balanced enough.
And what if you discover that you yourself have or some of you known to has a brain disorder? One such common brain disorder is bipolar disorder. This disease not only effects our emotions and decisions on daily errands, in extreme cases it can lead to suicides as well.
Here are some facts that you must know about this brain disorder:
1. As the name is withdrawn rightly, the disorder has two key phases – mania and depression. All the symptoms, ailments and effects of this disorder primarily belong to these two aspects.
2. This disorder is found equally among men and women.
3. Out of the world’s total population, around 1% suffers with the bipolar disorder.
4. Mania is found in two main divisions: hypo mania & full-blown mania.
5. Hypomania is a state where the individual possesses quite intense energy & is able to yield unusually high productivity. Ones who remain until this stage turn out to be great salesmen and high powered businessmen. Yet, the danger remains as many of the hypo-maniacs are just of the verge of being full blown maniacs.
6. The full-blown maniacs’ actions are rather devastating. Individuals suffering with bipolar disorder often become subject to the full-blown mania where they start making unnecessary moves in their business. Their actions yield far more losses than benefits, they themselves are never able to note this.
7. Patients of bipolar disorder almost never consider the results of their actions. They would spend money just like anything unconsciously. The money that they might have saved for some basic necessity for home or business, they might land up pending it in something just not required. They would sign the cheques irrespective of the fact that there is money in the account or not.
8. Such patients often become too generous and gift away their treasured items or things that they just can not afford to give away. Though, later they also regret their actions.
9. In an acute manic state the bipolar disorder can be characterized by overly gregariousness of the individual. They become extra ordinarily outgoing and do not realize whether their company is good or bad. This could be quite dangerous as getting in tough with some unwanted and unethical people can also land up in several irreversible problems such as sexual exploits, henceforth pregnancy, sexual diseases, or hampered relationships.
10. In extreme cases the disease suffering with bipolar disorder lands up in a phase of psychosis. This is the time when the patient has bizarre thoughts, like delusions and hallucinations. At this time the patient looses the senses of his/her immediate environment and is not able to make out the difference between realism & hallucinations. So he /she become so vulnerable that they can not even save themselves from natural calamities.
11. Often the mania cases land up to a phase of depression. Such individuals seclude themselves from their loved ones & acquaintances and many a times become bed-ridden for days together. Their sleep, appetite, energy level, etc. everything gets deeply effected.
12. One of the major dangers in bipolar disorder when the person goes in to depression is that they become suicidal. Hence, when the patient is in the phase of depression he/she must be guarded thoroughly.
13. Many adults & teenagers try to cope up with their bipolar disorder with other prolonged diseases like alcohol and drugs. Such cases are medically termed as – dual diagnosis. Such addictions complicate the patients’ condition and make thee treatment rather more difficult. However, with the changing scenario of our society this has almost become a common factor.
14. While individuals dealing with bipolar disorder have a lot many problems to handle, they can be optimistic due to the fact that several ways have been worked out for them to get cured and get a hold on themselves, like medications, therapies, routines, etc.
15. Well, in case you are now worried about some your relative or friend that they won?t be cured of the bipolar disorder, don’t be, because there have been several cases where such patients have been cured and now they are leading very happy and successful life.
16. However, you must understand that this disease can be controlled but not cured for life. First of all such patients and their families must understand that bipolar disorder is a long term disease that requires life long treatment. With medication & psychiatric therapy, these patients can lead a happy and controlled productive life for sure.
17. In case you suspect any of your family members or friends to have any mental disorder, you can help them by taking them to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Wasting more time could lead to the disease becoming incurable.
18. Bipolar disorder often develops in the adolescence or early adulthood. In some cases, individuals also show early symptoms of this disorder during their childhood. While there are some who develop the bipolar disorder later in their life.
19. When the patient of bipolar disorder becomes suicidal, you should immediately take him/her to the doctor and go ahead with some urgent remedies.
20. Make sure that you do not leave any such stuff near the patient with which they can harm themselves like, the medications that they can take over doze of, or elements like knife, scissors, weapons, etc.
Some primary symptoms of bipolar disorder are as follows:
1. Dramatic mood swings like being overly happy, being irritable, hopeless or extremely sad.
2. Increased energy & restlessness
3. Quickly distracted
4. Racing thoughts
5. Talks unusually fast
6. Jumps from 1 idea to another
7. Little sleep needed
8. Spending sprees
9. Poor judgment
10. Unrealistic belief on their abilities
11. Increased sexual drive
12. Drug abuse, like sleeping medications, cocaine and alcohol abuse
13. Aggressive behavior
14. Denial that there is anything wrong