How Long Does It Take to Recover From Cosmetic Surgery?
#Acupuncture #DentalCare #Depression #Detoxification #Diabetes
How long it takes to recover from cosmetic surgery depends basically on what you get done. Getting your surgery done by a reliable plastic surgeon using the latest technology would reduce the risk of post-surgical complications and speed up healing.
Factors influencing Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Recovery Time
• Cosmetic surgery procedure: Recovery time varies between procedures. It would take longer to recover from a liposuction and breast surgery than a simple eyelid enhancement procedure
• How extensive and complex the procedure is: if the surgery is performed on a very large area, (liposuction of the hips and buttocks or inner thigh liposuction) the recovery time would be greater
• Number of procedures performed: If cosmetic surgery is done on more than one area, recovery would take longer. For instance, a breast lift and a tummy tuck at the same time
• Age and general health: Younger people in good health recover faster than older candidates
• Following post-operative instructions: Diligently following the surgeon’s instructions on medication, wearing a compression garment, physical rest, and so on, speeds up healing
• Mental relaxation: A relaxed state of mind is important for post-operative recovery
Recovery with Various Procedures
Recovery time differs among cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. The healing period of some popular plastic surgery procedures is as follows:
• Rhinoplasty: Recovery time depends on various factors and could take up to one year. If the procedure involves a septoplasty besides enhancing the shape of your nose, healing would take longer. Usually, the patient can get back to regular activities (though not physical work or sports) after a few weeks.
• Breast augmentation: Soreness, bruises and swelling usually last for about two weeks. Recovery speeds up as your body adjusts to the breast implants. Surgical scars, if any, fade within a period of six months to one year.
• Abdominoplasty: Normally, patients can return to work one to two weeks after an abdominoplasty, though some may take up to a month to recover. Individuals in good physical condition recover fast. Strenuous exercise is to be avoided for about six weeks.
• Blepharoplasty: Some swelling, discomfort and bruising are normal with eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty, though improvement is visible within a week. Resuming physical activity and exercise, however, could take a little longer.
• Facelift: For a facelift, recovery and healing time could range from one week to even a few months, and depends on the surgery performed. With a standard procedure, the patient could return to work in about ten days, while for a simpler procedure, the recovery time could be just a weekend.
The latest cosmetic plastic surgery techniques are safe, have minimal side effects and promise faster healing. For instance, the revolutionary SmartLipo Triplex for high definition body sculpting ensures superior results, better skin tightening, minimal pain and discomfort, and most important, fast recovery.
Established Plastic Surgeon for the Best Results
To ensure a speedy recovery and the best results for your aesthetic surgery, locate an AAAASF-accredited surgery center. Make sure the plastic surgeon has sufficient experience in performing the procedure you are interested in. It is also important that he uses the latest technology. Discuss your issue thoroughly with your surgeon and make sure you know how long it takes to recover from the cosmetic surgery procedure.